Here we are at our space at Beach Loop RV Park south of Bandon, OR. The second photo is a view of our "backyard". We are heading back to Humbug Mt State Park next week. We plan to camp there for two more weeks then we'll probably start working our way east.
The Umpqua River Lighthouse built 1891-1894. The light was originally powered by oil, replaced by electricity in 1934. The lens, hand cut in Paris in 1890, is ten feet high and weighs two tons. The light can be seen 19 miles out at sea.
Mussel and oyster beds near the lighthouse, are protected in a triangular area by rock jetties.
After visiting the Umpqua Lighthouse, we had a nice lunch of fish and chips and fried shrimp in Winchester Bay at Fishpatrick's Crabby Cafe.
The boat yard shares the parking area with the cafe. Looks like this ship needs a little TLC.
The Charleston Marina just up the coast from Bandon.
We watched a fisherman cleaning and filleting tuna at the marina. Every once in a while he could throw the discards into the water.
These harbor seals seemed to enjoy watching the fish cleaning process more than we did. Sushi, anyone?? Eeeuuu
We walked along the marina where these kids were catching dungeness crab. They were really friendly and explained the ins and outs of crabbing.